Teachers – High School Leaders
Using High School Leaders
- You can request leaders at the time you book your trip or at a later time.
- Contact the student(s) well in advance of your trip and have them agree to confirm with you again at a time closer to your departure.
- Discuss where they will meet you in order to get to the center. Usually, either the school or at the base of Lac duBois road are the best arrangements.
- Students have a leader manual with basic activities, games, as well as a basic campfire/evening program. Discuss their assistance with these programs.
- Students are trained to support your program. They are not teachers, but are expected to have enough initiative to assist students during a lesson and to help with clean-up etc. Expect this from them.
- Students are completely aware of their responsibilities while in the cabins with the children. Their training focused heavily on their conduct as a role model and the well being of the children. Expect nothing less than excellence in this area.
- Leaders are especially well used during transition times (meal prep & clean-up). Again, their manual contains basic activities that they can do with the students during these times.